Friday, December 19, 2014

Staff Picks for December

Low Glycemic Products I Love
There are three great items in our store that I absolutely love, that are sugar free or low glycemic and totally decadent. 

The first, Nibmor Traditional Drinking Chocolate, is a dreamy creamy hot beverage that pairs amazingly well with the Low Glycemic Gingerbread from our own Healthy Bakeshop.  This treat is sure to put anyone in the holiday mood.

My next favorite would be any of the Coco Polo Stevia Sweetened Dark Chocolate bars. These bars are not only sugar free, vegan and gluten free, but are also made with gourmet chocolate. They make perfect stocking stuffers!  Are you listening, Santa?

And lastly, I try to always have a bag of Lily’s Stevia Sweetened Dark Chocolate Chips handy for holiday baking ideas. They have an amazingly easy and yummy recipe on the package for sugar free peanut butter cups.  Try these and I guarantee that they will become a holiday favorite in your home!

- Claudia Ward, Head Buyer


Perfect for the Holiday Season
Kiss My Face Moisturizer is my go to lotion for the rough winter season. It comes in a variety of scents – Unscented, Pomegranate and Acai, Coconut and my personal favorite, Honey Calendula. Each of these moisturizers works with your skin to nourish and repair dry, cracked skin from the harshness of winter.

Made with only the very best ingredients, Kiss My Face lotions are Paraben free, pH balanced, biodegradable and are not tested on animals. These moisturizers would be a good addition to your daily skin routine and make a great holiday gift!

- CJ LaRose, Supervisor



Pick of the Month for The Healthy Deli
With the arrival of December’s cool, wintry weather comes the decadent desserts of the holidays.  At the Healthy Bakeshop, we celebrate the season with sweet treats for all, providing Vegan, Non-Gluten and Low Glycemic options for those with special diets.

My pick of the month is the Low Glycemic Iced Gingerbread Loaf: a warm, comforting blend of signature Holiday spices that takes me right back to my childhood... minus all of my grandmother’s much-loved refined sugars!

- Stephen Howe, Jr., Marketing Assistant


A Medicine Cabinet Must-Have
My tried and true remedy during cold and flu season is Boiron’s Oscillococcinum. While the name is difficult to pronounce, the benefits are easily seen. Colds for me seem to always incorporate a fever and headache. That’s when I turn to this amazing product.

Aside from its effectiveness, I love the fact that it is a homeopathic remedy. Homeopathic remedies don’t interact with supplements, medicines or food. Plus, many are labeled for use with children over the age of 2. Another bonus is that Oscillococcinum does not cause drowsiness. Backed by clinical studies and decades of worldwide use, Oscillococcinum will continue to be part of my medicine cabinet for years to come.


- Susan Kiskis, General Manager